Last day to Apply : Defence India Startup Challengestartuplauncher
Ministry of Defence invites startups for innovative solutions to create & commercial products for national defense and security issues from all over the country.
Defence India Startup Challenge is an initiative by the Defence Innovation Organization in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission. The main objective is to supporting Startups/MSMEs/Innovators to create prototypes and/or commercialize products/solutions in the area of National Defence and Security. The Aero India 2019 show is scheduled to be held in Bengaluru in February 2019 where startups will show the products/solution they’ll offer for the national security and defense purposes.
LAST DATE TO APPLY 31st JANUARY 2019
The two-fold vision of Defence India Startup Challenge:
- To build functional prototypes of products/technologies appropriate for national security (prototyping), and encourage to do progressive innovation for the National Defense and Security;
- To help new tech startups and their products/technologies in marketing and gaining target customers in the form of the Indian Defence Establishment.
Winners will get a grant of 1.5 crores on Proof of Concept to Prototype Development. It will give strictly on the milestone basis, in the form of grant /equity/debt/ other relevant structures.
Eligibility Criteria to participate in Defence India Startup Challenge
1. Startups will get recognized by the Department of Industrial Policy Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
2. Any Indian company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956/2013, primarily a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) as defined in the MSME Act, 2006.
3. Individual innovators are also encouraged to apply (research & academic institutions can use this category to apply)